Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Monday Musings - Affirmation

Affirmation ~ af·fir·ma·tion[af-er-mey-shuhn]

–noun
*the act or an instance of affirming;  state of being affirmed.
*the assertion that something exists or is true.
*something that is affirmed;  a statement or proposition that is declared to be true.
*confirmation or ratification of the truth or validity of a prior judgment, decision, etc.
 
I have been back in Chicago for 4 days.  I have to admit that it was hard to leave my girls in Texas.  I would think that would get easier each time, but honestly, it was hard this time.  I really want to be a part of their lives - as in, being close enough to go have lunch with Ashley or help in Heather's classroom.  But - that is not where God has me right now.  I know that.  I want to be where He wants me to be even more than I want to be close to my girls (and that is saying a lot!)

God knows that I want to please Him - He knows that it is hard to be so far away.  He has been so incredibly generous and kind to me since I got back to Chicago.  
     *I have seen and had conversations with all of my neighbors that are like family to me.
     * I got to have my sweet friend, Lauren,  and her Mom stay with us while they were doing some work on a condo that Lauren rents out.  I even got to go paint with them and help out a bit which was so much fun.
     *I got to go to Destination and usher (which I love to do).  I got lots of hugs and truly felt like I had been missed while I was traveling these past 5 weeks.  I got to meet our newest addition to Destination - Israel - 6 weeks old.
     *I got to talk to a new young woman who was visiting the church and invite her to come to my house tonight - and she did.
     *I got to go to a dedication ceremony for a new garden at Hamilton Elementary and see some of the people that are dearest to me there.  We even got to talk about new painting project ideas!
     *I got to see my great friend and workout buddy, Marifran, and go to spin class at the gym.
     *I got to have 4 friends over for dinner and reconnect.
 
What I am trying to say is that the Lord knew my heart - He knew that I was aching a bit from leaving my girls behind  - and He knew that I needed to be reminded that He has me here for a reason - for many reasons, in fact.  With affirmation, after affirmation - He encourages me to trust Him - to follow Him and to embrace what He has for me NOW. 
 
 Affirmation:  a statement or proposition that is declared to be true.
confirmation or ratification of the truth or validity of a prior judgment, decision, etc.
 
I love that definition.  That is exactly what the Lord has been doing for me these past 4 days.  He is validating the decision that Alan and I made to move here - to buy this house - to meet these neighbors - to go to this church - to volunteer at Hamilton - to open up our home.  
He doesn't have to do this.  That kind of affirmation - that kind of encouragement is just simply the kindness of the Lord.  He is loving me through each one of these things.  I feel His pleasure - His smile.  

And that is more than enough.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment