Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Friday, July 29, 2011

Thankful Friday :-)

I spent all day yesterday - literally all day - getting back to Chicago.  I left Tyler at 8 am and got to Chicago at 11 pm.  Quincy was a great travel companion - although he does not say much!  The drive was nice - a beautiful day with some really pretty scenery.  I went through Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Missouri and Illinois.  I felt like I had done all that by the time I got here!  I was thankful for a safe, easy drive. 

Needless to say - it would not have been wise to try to write my blog at the end of all that!  So - here I am.  I have had such a sweet last week of my time away spent with my girls.  It was so fun to be with Ashley and James in their home.  They are deliriously happy as newlyweds.  Ashely just started a new job in Design.  They are at such a fun and exciting new phase of their lives. When I figure out how to organize their wedding pics, I'll get some up on the blog! Loved every minute I got to spend with them.



I headed to Tyler to help Heather get her new classroom together.  She is teaching Headstart this year.  It was a JOB but we had a great time together getting it together.  Here are a few shots of her room.

 




Of course, the time spent with her was the best.  Those kids have no idea how very fortunate they are going to be when they walk into that room  Heather will do a great job giving them a good start to their education.  I'm so proud of her.

Quincy and Miles had a great time together - but Quincy was really worn out playing with a puppy. 

Finally, I am grateful to be back in Chicago.  This is where the Lord has me for this season and I want to embrace it with everything I have in me.  I am thankful for a life that is not a random cluster of events and places - but rather a life that is orchestrated by my Loving, Good, All-Mighty Savior.  Embrace today.

No comments:

Post a Comment