Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Thankful Thursday - Who God Is

I was thinking about all the things that I am thankful for and when it comes right down to it, I'm most thankful for Who God is - for His character.  Here are some aspects of God's character that I am especially thankful for today. 


MY GOD IS:
MIGHTY
FAITHFUL
TRUSTWORTHY
LOVING
FORGIVING
GRACIOUS
MERCIFUL
CARING
COMPASSIONATE
STEADFAST
UNCHANGING
ALL KNOWING


HE IS:
MY HEALER
MY FRIEND
MY FATHER
MY TEACHER
MY COUNSELOR
MY STRENGTH
MY JOY
MY LIFE
MY GUIDE
MY LORD

What I have learned over the years is that this list is inexhaustible.  God is everything that I need when I need it.  He is enough in every circumstance.  He is the reason for living in this life and in the next.  All of the things I am thankful for in my life stem from this TRUTH.  Jesus is Lord - but what changes everything is that Jesus is MY Lord.  It's personal.  It's relational.  It's life giving.  And for that, I am so very thankful.  

If all you had today was what you thanked the Lord for yesterday, what would you have?

NURTURE YOU GRATEFUL HEART


No comments:

Post a Comment