Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Tuesday Thoughts: One Year

Today is the 1 year anniversary of our move to Chicago.  I can not believe how very quickly this year has gone by.  As they say . . . times flies!!




Time flies when you are having fun - but it truly flies when you are engaged in what God is doing where you are.  When I think back over this past year - I am in awe of what the Lord has been doing around me and what I have had the privilege of being a part of.

*He directed our steps to the exact condo we needed to live in to have the neighbors we have.  Beyond a shadow of a doubt - I know we live in this spot for a specific reason.  We love our neighbors.  They are like family to us.  When I think back to first meeting them and where those relationships are today - I am floored.  

*He directed us to our church.  Really?  My friend Sheryl gave us a print out on Lakeview information.  Destination Church was listed on it (about 35 people attending at the time - now we average 80!) and it was just down the street from us, meeting in a comedy club.  We visited there the first Sunday after moving in and we have been there ever since.  Who does that?  Who moves to a new area and finds their church the first Sunday they live there in a big city where they don't know anyone?  WE DO.  Only God.

*He has given me ministry opportunities - more than I could ever have imagined.
     *Leading small group Bible studies
     *Loving on my neighbors
     *Making friends at the gym
     *Painting at Hamilton
     *Meeting with Kate
     *Loving on Alan's staff

*He has given me a love for my City.

*He has sustained me on days when I miss my girls so terribly - assuring me that they are serving Him where they are and so am I.  

*He has given me purpose - increased my faith - dispensed enormous amounts of grace and loved on me in huge ways.

I have a JOY that is so far beyond any certain circumstance.  I wake up grateful and I go to sleep thankful. (This is a very good kind of redundancy!)

I came here anticipating great things - anticipating God being at work - moving in my life and in the lives of others.  He has been faithful to do that.

One year ago, today . . . I could have never imagined what kind of a year I would look back on.  I am humbled - I am thankful - I can't wait to see what the next year holds.

What a difference a year makes!

1 comment:

  1. That is just awesome...what a confirmation that you are where you are suppose to be and God has let you bloom where He planted you. May this next year even bring bigger fruit from your planting.

    ReplyDelete