Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Thankful Saturday - Better late than never!

It has been a busy week - full and fun - but busy.  So here I am - on Saturday - trying to catch up with Thankful Thursday.  The good news is - every day is a good day to be thankful!  Here are just a few of the things I find myself being thankful for right now.


*Chicago summer - GLORIOUS - many beautiful, sunny, 75 degree days that are amazing.  I think I can handle this - even if it gets up to 85!

 *Baby showers - I have given two baby showers since I got back and it has been so much fun.  These young Moms are such a huge blessing in my life.  It was fun to get the girls together and ooh and ahh over cute baby clothes . . . and eat cake.


Heather and Amanda - both due in the next week or so  

*Babysitting for my neighbor - I got to spend time with my youngest neighbor - Hannah.  She is such a sweet, happy baby.  Love, love, love her.



*Painting at Hamilton - it is good to be back at the school.  I painted two bathrooms this week.  Here is a picture of the boy's bathroom in the basement of the school.  I've learned from experience - so I got this done BEFORE the boys came back to school.  Let's just say that the bathroom smelled just fine.



*My friend, Jana, came to visit me.  I got to spend 3 days with her and it was a blast.  I loved this special time and I so appreciate her friendship.  


What are you thankful for this week?  God's blessings are all around you.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Baby showers how fun...I am hoping for one this year, which will bring my first grand baby...God willing
    The wall looks great....
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete