Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Monday Musings on Tuesday

We are bracing for a blizzard.  I'm watching it move in as I write. We could get 1 - 2 feet of snow.  I'm staying warm and cozy in my house and hoping that none of this messes up my flight to TX on Thursday.


Here is a bit of what God has been teaching me as I watch the snow pile up outside my house.
Surviving a blizzard and living an abundant life:
*Have food and water on hand -- Feed on the Word and drink deeply from the Holy Spirit.  (John 4)
*Stay home if you can -- Abide in Jesus - He is your true home.  (John 15)
*Bundle up if you have to go out -- Be clothed in Christ!  You have His righteousness - wear His grace, mercy and forgiveness.  (Romans 13:14)
*Invite your neighbors over for a blizzard supper -- Fellowship - we need each other.  (Acts 2:42)
*Know that there will be an end to the storm -- Hang in there.  Jesus is our Hope.  (Isaiah 43:1-2)


Just about everyone I know is having some crazy weather right now.  Enjoy the unexpected family time and the forced slowing of your pace.  Soak in some good time with the Lord.  Spring is coming . . . eventually.



No comments:

Post a Comment