Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Tuesday's Thoughts

I don't seem to be able to get my act together on Monday lately, so I may just have to change the name of my post permanently!  I have had such a great past week so I thought I would share some of my blessings with you.

I flew back to Chicago last Tuesday with my Mom by my side!  She just left yesterday - so we had some good time together.  We went out to brunch, did everyday errands and hung out at home a lot.  Of course we had wind chills below zero while she was here so sitting in front of the fire was pretty nice!  Mom helped me get ready for my Valentine Brunch that I gave for my Chicago friends.

The brunch was such a sweet time.  I can not believe the friends that the Lord has already given me in this city.  I looked around the room and was just overwhelmed by the blessing these people are in my life. God is so faithful to provide me with great friends.  I am in awe of His goodness.


My neighbor Jamie

Mom, Lisa, Rachel, Cathy, Vinita, Beth, Stefani, Heather, Kez, Myself, Christen and Alison


I have always been a big fan of Valentine's Day.  It is such a reminder to express our love and care for those around us.  Sure - it can be about romance and I am very thankful for my Valentine - Alan.  But it also gives us a chance to just love on our friends.  It is a reminder that Jesus expressed His love on the cross and that He lives today equipping us to love others.  Without His love, truly loving others would be impossible.  


Happy Valentine's Day to all of you - I believe every holiday should last at least a week if not longer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment