Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Thankful Thursday - Jessica

I had a great Thursday - spin class and then painting at Hamilton Elementary.  It only got better when I got to meet my friend Jessica for dinner.  


I met Jessica back in the fall when she came to my small group.  I was just drawn to her immediately.  She is a beautiful girl - both inside and out.  She moved here from Michigan not too long before I moved here.  She stumbled upon Destination Church and came several times.  When small groups started up, she decided to give it a try.  Boy - am I glad she did!


Jessica came here with some hurts and struggles.  I have had the amazing privilege of watching the Lord work in her life in some amazing ways.  She has seriously blossomed!  As I sat across from her at dinner tonight, I was just marveling at the JOY on her face and the increased peace in her life.  She has made some tremendous strides.  There is freedom in her life that didn't exist a few months ago.  She is not only a part of Destination now - but she is leading.  She is encouraging others who are having a hard time.


Jess still has some tough things in her life and in her family.  She is dealing with those issues - but doing it in the freedom and joy that she has in Christ.  I am so proud of her and so thankful for her.  She is an incredible blessing to my life.


I am thankful for my Jesus who is changing lives every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment