Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Monday, February 7, 2011

Monday Musings - time in Texas

I flew down to Texas on Thursday. I left the blizzard of Chicago and flew to the ice of Texas! I was very fortunate to get out of O'Hare and into DFW. Both airports had been a mess. James and Ashley picked me up at the airport and we made the icy and sometimes dicey drive to their new home. James and Ashley boughts house in Haslet which is just outside of Keller. Ashley moved her stuff in the weekend before I got here. Her roommate Meghan is living here until the wedding when James will move in. Their house is very cute! Such a perfect place to start out and make their own. We did some painting when we got snowed in on Friday.

Heather drove in from Tyler on Saturday. Sitting at lunch with my two girls was bliss! We had a good time together just hanging out, going to church on Sunday and catching up. I have loved every stage with my girls and this one is no exception. Having two adult daughters is such a blessing. We share both family, sisterhood in Christ and friendship. I could not ask for more.

I'll post some pictures when I get back to Chicago. I head back from now sunny and no snow TX to snowy Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment