Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Monday, February 21, 2011

Monday Musings - Hmmm . . .

I've been thinking about this since Saturday night.  So here goes . . .

I went to Target on Saturday night.  I was back by the bedding and I saw a little girl - I'd say 4th or 5th grade  - go up to her Mom and comment on something she was buying.  I gathered she thought something else would look better.  Her Mom didn't appreciate the input.  She started yelling at her using every word in the book - and I'm not talking about the good book.  All those words your momma told you not to say were flying.  I literally cringed!  No child should be talked to that way - I don't care what they did.  It really broke my heart.

Of course, I thought about the Mom too.  Maybe she didn't know any better - maybe she was talked to in the same way by her Mom.  Maybe she is insecure and feels uncared for - lashes out at others.  Maybe she was stressed and troubled.  I don't know.  Not really my place to judge her - I'd rather try to understand her.  Regardless, it made me sad.

I often think about the orphan and pray that those precious ones will find a forever family.  Then I think about those children who have a family - but it is a hard, discouraging, hurtful and fearful place.  That makes me just as sad.  I want every child to be loved and cared for.  I want every girl and every boy to feel like they are princesses and princes.  I certainly am not the perfect Mom and I made mistakes along the way - but I'd venture to say that my girls always knew they were loved and cared for.  They always knew that they were my princesses. (I guess you would have to ask them!)  

God is the Father to the fatherless.  I believe that applies to those children who are in families but don't have a godly parent.  He can fill those voids and heal those wounds.  My heart breaks.  I literally feel sick inside.  

Oh Lord - please make yourself known to all who so desperately need you - the orphan, the unloved, mistreated child, the hurting, angry Mom and the unloving, emotionally vacant Dad.  So much hurt - so much pain.  So deep is the need for a Savior. 

1 comment: