Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Thankful Thursday - Alan

I love my husband.  He is such a good man.  I think about that a lot because really, it doesn't see to be terribly common these days.  

Even apart from being my husband, just objectively, Alan is a man of character and integrity.  He is trustworthy and he is faithful.  He works hard and he loves to help other people.  He is extraordinarily kind.  He is fair and he is always willing to go the extra mile for someone else.  He is humble and quite unassuming, but don't be fooled - he is very smart and very capable.  There is a lot going on behind that very calm and somewhat quiet exterior.  Alan is very funny - but you have to pay attention to catch it all.  


Alan is creative.  He comes up with some really great ideas and solutions.  He is musical and loves all kinds of music.  He is a good dancer and I have really cramped his style over the last 28 years.  He loves to travel and see new places.  He loves to fly fish, play tennis and run.  He completed his first marathon last year.  He is determined and very disciplined.  When he sets a goal, he works very hard to achieve it.  


Alan is a good father.  He loves our girls and he has always made time for them and their activities.  He is a great husband.  He makes me feel loved and cherished.  He puts my needs before his.  He takes good care of me.  He is such a great friend.  I think that is a real bonus when your spouse is also your friend.  I just enjoy Alan for who he is as a person.  He is a lot of fun and really interesting.  I love spending time with him.


Above all - Alan loves Jesus.  In reality, that is what makes all these other things true about him.  He reflects Jesus in the way he parents, the way he works and the way he loves me.  I thank God for giving me Alan.  He knew that he was the man I needed.  We work and we work better together than we do apart.


Thank you, Alan, for loving me all these years.

No comments:

Post a Comment