Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Monday, January 17, 2011

Monday Musings - Just a Monday

I love how very much a day can hold.  My day started out with a spin class with my friend Marifran.  I didn't even know Marifran until about 6 weeks ago and now I go to the gym with her 4 times a week.  We have been to brunch, to lunch, shopping and to an art exhibit.  I am enjoying my friendship with her so much.  Who knew?


After cleaning up, my neighbor Rebecca (sweet 25 year old school teacher) came over and we went out to lunch and then shopping for things to redo her room.  I'm going to get to paint it!!  I'm so excited about doing this for Rebecca and was so blessed by spending the whole afternoon together.  Who knew?


Last Sunday night, we had our neighbors over to celebrate Jamie's birthday and Jamie and Kevin's engagement.  Jennifer, Matt, Jeff, Michelle, Ryan, Jamie and Kevin came.  We were all standing around in the kitchen and I looked around at these people who have become so very dear to me and thought "I didn't even know these people 5 months ago!"  Who knew?


Well, obviously - God knew.  These friendships were in the works long before we knew that we would live here.  God has a plan and He has placed us exactly where we need to be.  It has been amazing to see how everything has come together and how the Lord is bringing people into our lives to love and care for.  


I love waking up each day with anticipation of what the Lord is up to.  Every day brings surprises.  Every day is another opportunity to grow and learn.  It was just a Monday, but it sure was a good one!

1 comment:

  1. i soooooo feel the same way. i feel like i look around every six months or so at the people at my table and think, hey, i didn't know you a year ago! isn't that fun!!??? enjoy your time. those chicago peeps are lucky to have ya!

    ReplyDelete