Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Thankful Thursday - Hamilton Elementary

One of the great blessings and surprises of this move is the chance that I have to paint at Hamilton Elementary School.  I went out on the Chicago Public Schools website to look at schools in my area that might need some help.  When I went out to Hamilton Elementary School's website, they had a wish list.  On that wish list was a request for someone to paint.  Well - that was as close to a neon sign as I was going to get!  I contacted the principal and we had a great meeting about all the areas of the school that they he wanted to see spruced up and made more inviting and fun for the kids.  


Here are some pictures of the boy's bathroom:

A really fun flying something  . . .


My killer bee!




The dreaded chinch bug!


Here are some pictures of the girl's bathroom:



Bumblebee ballerina




Another flying something . . .



Seeing the kid's smiling faces and hearing their hilarious comments is so much fun.  I am painting in the library next and I am really excited about that.  

I am thankful for Hamilton Elementary and their principal James Gray.  He loves this school and is committed to turning it around to benefit all of his students.   Our church here has adopted Hamilton and we have already done a service project there.  We will do another one this February.

I love how God brings together our desires and anothers needs.  I love to paint and I love this school.  It has been such a blessing!

1 comment:

  1. I love my talented daughter and her giving spirit :)

    ReplyDelete