Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Thankful Thursday

There are so many things that I am thankful for today - so here is a list of both small and huge things that are blessing me right now.

*my neighbor's dog walker - He let me in my building this week when I was locked out!
*my new car that fits into the garage!
*a surprise visit from Aaron Cauble - huge blessing!
*our new church home Destination Church
*my new friend Amanda
*reconnecting with my friend Beth who is now living in Chicago!
*the encouragement of reading God's Word
*reminders of the precious gift of life - missing my friend Jill who died in a motorcycle wreck - but thankful for her life and her friendship and all the memories flooding through my mind this week
*the elevated train here in the city
*facebook and email - love staying in touch
*the really great grocery store I found!
*my GPS
*walking Quincy and the beauty that surrounds me on those walks
*living here in Chicago with Alan - my best friend
*the confidence and encouragement I receive from having a relationship with Jesus - He is Trustworthy


What are you thankful for today?  Make a list and then just sit back and smile.  Was this a perfect week?  No - but anything tough always gets put in perspective when I think about the many blessings in my life.  My heart overflows with JOY.  Wishing you a grateful heart and overflowing JOY today.
 

1 comment: