Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Monday, September 20, 2010

Monday Musings - Transformation

I love ministry, working out and painting.  What do these three have in common, you ask?  Transformation.  


Painting:  I have done a lot of painting in the last 20 years or so.  I have painted rooms, painted furniture, painted murals and I even got to paint Big Bird on the wall of a playroom once.  You just try to have a bad day while you are painting Big Bird.  It is impossible!  I have had the privilege of painting in 5 countries and had a boatload of fun doing it.  I love starting with a plain white room and watch it come alive all day long.  For very little money, paint can completely transform a room.

Working out:  I actually love to work out.  I love working hard, getting sweaty and seeing results. I love it when I only have to compete against myself.   I love to feel like I'm doing something good for my body and my soul.  I love building relationships at a gym - probably America's biggest mission field!  While bodies are being transformed - so are lives.  

Ministry -- I love ministry.  I have been a Young Life leader, a Bible study teacher, a youth minister, a mentor and even a preschool choir teacher!  I have loved every minute of it.  Again - it is the process of transformation.  Of course, in this case, it is the Lord who is doing the transforming and I just get to be a small part of the process.  I can not even count the lives I have seen transformed over the last 38 years - including mine.  There is new life - new desires - new relationships - new purpose.  


Transformation.  That is what the Lord is all about.  From the day we say "yes, I believe" until our last breath, we are being transformed into the likeness of Jesus.  That really is the Lord's only agenda in your life.  Sometimes it is really fun - sometimes it is really hard, but when I keep before me continually -  His purposes - I can do it.  When it is all said and done, I just want others to be able to say, "Wow - she looks a lot like her Father - see the family resemblance?"  


Transformation.  Where are you seeing it in your own life? Where are you a part of it?  Let's be about the business of the kingdom.

1 comment:

  1. I have been one of the fortunate recepients of your painting skills....and we are VERY thankful. I love the analogy because paint does transform a room...but it is a process and it's a process that needs to be protected, touched up, updated, etc. Just like our lives. I'm glad that God continues to "touch up" our lives on this journey of life. His paintbrush brings new life and color to an often drab and dreary world.

    ReplyDelete