Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Thankful Thursday

I hardly know where to start because I have so many things to be thankful for.  This week has been full of blessings.  Since last Thursday:

*Alan and I spent some really fun time exploring our neighborhood
*3rd Sunday at Destination Church and lunch with some of the great people there afterwards
*Our "unitmates" - the other people who live in our building - came over for dinner (We love them!)
*I joined a health club near me and met a really great lady who is in charge of membership there - Stacey
*Had lunch with a new friend, Amanda and her 2 1/2 year old daugahter, Emily
*Went to a Rosh Hashanah celebration dinner at my friend Barbara's house - such a great time and I got to meet two of her good friends - Leslie and Laurie
*Met my friend Sheryl out at an Equine Therapy Center - got to see 2 boys with downs syndrome riding horses and getting so excited about their accomplishments 
*I conquered the Chicago freeway system for a trip to the country (Whew!)

I am just overwhelmed every single day by the Lord's goodness to me.  I feel a hyper-awareness of the Spirit and such an openness to what the Lord wants me to do.  It is a great time and I want to soak up every minute of it.  I am thankful that I am in a relationship with a God who loves me and is intimately involved with my every day life. 

No one is going to write a screen play about my day to day activities - but to me, living a very ordinary life with an Extraordinary God is action packed and sweeter than anything I could imagine.  What are you thankful for today? 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment