Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Monday, August 30, 2010

Memorial Box Monday - Part 2

Well - I already wrote a post today, but it has been a mighty strange day and I felt like I needed to include how God was all over my day today.  Hopefully, you will be encouraged to know that God really does care about all the details and does provide for our every need.

My day started out with taking Quincy on a walk.  One of the things that I have to get used to is always taking my keys with me when I walk out of the door.  I'm not used to that!  There is a door to our building that is always locked so you always have to have the key with you.  

Quincy and I had a nice walk and when I got back to the place, I realized that I didn't have any keys with me.  Yikes.  There is no way to get into this house.  A dogwalker had taken my neighbors dog out, but I figured he was long gone by now.  I waited and waited - just in case he hadn't already returned but he didn't come.  So - I flagged down a man that was coming out of the building across the street and asked him if I could borrow his cell phone to call Alan.  Alan didn't answer but I left him a message saying that he was just going to have to be my knight in shining armor because I could not get into the building and only he had a key - oh and he couldn't call me back because the man was leaving for work!  So, I returned to sit on the steps in front of my building to wait.  I waited about 20 more minutes and there came the dogwalker!  I don't know if I have ever been so happy to see someone I didn't know!  He opened the building door for me.  I told him he was God's provision for me.  He said,
"Well, what do you know."  I guess no one had ever told him that before!


After that, I got a call with some very tragic news about a good friend being killed in a motorcycle accident.  I was so stunned.  I have had friends die - but for the most part they were ill and there was time to say goodbye and to at least somewhat prepare for what was to come.  This was so sudden and so shocking that I was really shaken to the core.  My heart is so broken.  I completely trust the Lord with the situation but I still grieve the loss of my sweet friend Jill very much.  Such heartache.  Profound sadness.  I am thankful that as I grieve - I can grieve as one with hope. 

Just after that, I got a call from my friend Aaron.  He and his sweet wife Ashley had just returned from a mission trip to Romania.  It was so good to hear all about the trip and all that the Lord had done there.  I asked Aaron - so what is up next?  and He said - Could I come to Chicago?  I said sure!  He said - how about tomorrow?  Woo Hoo!  I'm so looking forward to his visit and the Lord knew just what I needed.  

Today was like a microcosm of what we know to be true - the Lord knows what is coming and He knows what we need way before we do.  He cares about all of it and He loves us beyond what we can imagine.  He has both comforted me and encouraged me today.  He is always reminding me of His sufficiency.  He is good - even in the midst of small annoyances and huge tragedies - He is good.  He is trustworthy.  He is Enough.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so thankful for you, mom.... everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved part 1 and part 2...God's Grace in Action. His faithfulness is the foundation of His Character! Thanks for sharing with us about God being in the little things, the big things and always the eternal things!

    ReplyDelete