Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Thankful Thursday

I am borrowing another great idea from my friend Linn and doing a Thankful Thursday post.  Where to start!  Since my Mom has been here helping me this week, I think I will dedicate my Thankful Thursday to her this week.  

I am extremely blessed to have a wonderful relationship with my Mom.  I do not take it for granted.  She is my Mom and also my closest friend.  She flew in on Monday, arriving the same day that our furniture did!  What a trooper!  She has been helping me unpack boxes and get organized.  She has been a huge help and a lot of fun to have around.

My Mom has always encouraged me, believed in me and believed the best of me even when I didn't deserve it. I think that one of the things that really turned me around in my teenage years was wanting to be the person my Mom thought I was! So much of what I have passed along to my daughters comes from my Mom.  She has been a great role model as a Mom and as a woman through all the various stages of life.  She is a very young 75 and could literally run me into the ground with her boundless energy and enthusiasm.  She loves the Lord and loves to serve Him in numerous ways - helping with some aspect of Young Life - working at the Gospel Cafe - cleaning her church - playing the piano - encouraging students at Baylor - loving her grandchildren and just loving people in general.  She is truly amazing and I am so very thankful for her!

Maybe you are a Mom -- if so, encourage and love on your kids today.  Maybe you are not a Mom - encourage and love on someone else's kids today!  Love on whomever the Lord has put in your path.  We all need what my Mom provides - unconditional love and an abundance of encouragement. Let's be Jesus with skin on to those around us.  Thank you Mom for showing me how!  I love you. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow,Chris,I am humbled by your tribute to me. In actuality I have learned more from you that you ever learned from me. What a walk you have with the Lord. I love you and your family and cherish getting be a part of your life and I don't take that for granted either. I pray for you as you beging your journey in Chicago. I love you with all my heart :)

    ReplyDelete