Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Journey begins . . .

Well - it seems that making a big change in life is a good time to start something new - so here is my first blog post.  It has been a whirlwind of a summer as we have been in the process of moving from Texas to Chicago.  I can't really believe that we are here!  We are not in the house yet - but should be by Monday.  We are thankful for our temporary housing that we have until then.


The drive here was a little brutal with more road construction than one can imagine!  Alas - we made it about 10:00 last night - a little weary but glad to be here.  Saying goodbye to our friends and family was tough.  We have such a great group of friends in Arlington and lots of family in Texas.  We are grateful for them and enjoyed every moment we got to spend with them.  Our hearts may be grieving but they are full of thankfulness as well.  I learned a great truth from a Bible study I did last spring on the book of Ruth.  We can weep and walk at the same time.  So - while I weep to leave such wonderful people, I walk forward into what the Lord has for me next.


With all that said - what is next?  I really cannot even imagine what my life will be like.  Everything will be new and different.  The good news is - I like that!  I am one of those people who enjoy change and new adventures.  Words like routine, the same and predictable don't seem to be a part of my vocabulary.  I believe that the Lord is the One who moves us from one place to another and He has work for us to do here in Chicago.  Alan knows what he will be doing, at least to some degree, but I have absolutely no idea.  I'll keep you posted as it unfolds.  I'm excited because the Lord has provided great friends and ministry every where that we have lived (New York, Ohio, Texas and Colorado!) - so I know that He will do the same here.  He is good - He is unchanging and He is Enough.

5 comments:

  1. So excited to read your thoughts on this blog.

    So sad that you're gone.

    So excited for what lies ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessings on your new change!!! Yes, isn't that what life is all about! God is faithful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fun. Although I keep up with your daily life via phone...kind of fun to read! love you.

    ReplyDelete