Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Thankful Thursday

I love thankful Thursday - of course I like thankful Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday . . . You get the picture!  I think that having a grateful heart is so key to life.  We can choose to focus on what is wrong or at least not going our way or we can choose to be thankful in all circumstances.  I believe I'll choose that one :-) "Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."  1st Thessalonians 5:16-18  People are always wondering what God's will is - well, there you go!  There are so many things that I am thankful for but today, I'm going to talk about my girls.  It has been hard to move away from them but they are so close in my heart, mind and prayers that they seem near.  So these are just some of the ways that they are a blessing to me and to others.  


Ashley - in so many ways, Ashley is Alan made over.  She is so smart and analytical.  Physically, she favors her Dad with her brown hair and brown eyes.  She loves math :-) and she loves art.  She is so creative and so talented.  She can paint and draw just about anything.  She is one of the kindest, most thoughtful people I know.  She puts the needs of others before her own and genuinely cares about others.  She is a true, loyal and good friend. 


Ashley is passionate.  She loves the Lord in a way that just inspires me.  Her heart is to please the Lord and to serve Him with everything she has.  She is in ministry with teenagers and she pours her life into them.  That passion carries over into every area of her life.  If she feels that there has been injustice -- she gets so fired up!  She doesn't even have to breath for minutes on end when she gets going on what is right!  We love a lot of the same things and share so many great times together.  I could not be prouder of the woman that she has become.  She makes a difference in this world!  She makes a huge difference in my world.  I love watching her life unfold and seeing all the the Lord has for her.  She brings me incredible joy and fills my life with wonder.  


Heather - my mini me.  Heather favors me physically and in many other ways as well.  We both have hazel eyes and can look freakishly alike at times!  When I think of Heather - one of the things that stands out is her ability to make me laugh!  She is really hysterical.  She has been since she was a little one.  Heather has a way of looking at the world that is so unique and so hilarious.  There is always laughter when she is around.  Heather is extremely loyal to her friends.  She has a heart for the down and out and always wants to help those who are struggling.  Heather has a beautiful voice and such a talent to write songs and to sing them.  I love to hear her sing.


Heather teaches kindergarten.  She is so amazing with little ones.  I got to spend a good deal of time in her classroom last year and it was pure joy to watch her interact and teach these precious 5 year olds.  She is very creative and very patient.  Wrangling a room full of 5 year olds is not easy!  Heather loves the Lord and that love is communicated in everything that she does - from caring about her little ones to loving her friends, her husband and her family.  She is always looking for ways to make someone's day better.  I love spending time with Heather.  We have incredible conversations and laugh a lot.  She brings me such joy and I am so proud of the woman that she has become.  I can't wait for all the good times ahead.


Who are you thankful for today?  Why not let them know.  Pick up the phone or send them an email or a text or even a handwritten note!  Let's make sure that the people we love know it!  Practice the art of having a grateful heart today.  If you are struggling with that and in a dark time --- sit down and make a list of the things you are thankful for.  It may be difficult at first, but as you start, I believe that it will start to flow.  You may have to start with - I woke up this morning - that is a good place to start!  A grateful heart brings joy.  You just can't be reciting what you are thankful for and be down and grouchy at the same time.  You will feel a smile start to creep up on your face.  Rejoice!







5 comments:

  1. Good stuff! I'm thankful that I have a great aunt that is fun and encouraging and has a blog so I can keep up with her life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thankful for Kamryn who has embraced her new family! Love you and Chrisann!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so thankful for THIS post! Just what I needed this morning :) love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE YOU, MOM! So incredibly THANKFUL FOR YOU! I love hearing about all that God is doing in the transition... He is faithful. Thank you for the encouragement... God's perfect timing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful way to express thankfulness for the cherished ones in your life.

    Delighted to meet you. Hope you don't mind if I splash around a bit. THis looks like a refreshing place.

    Splashin'
    Sara

    ReplyDelete