Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Thankful Thursday ~ Heritage

I have had an amazing couple of days visiting with my aunts and my uncle. 

What is so amazing about that?

My grandparents had 5 children.  All five are all still living ~ and I mean LIVING.  They are spunky and smart, hilarious and kind. 

Pictured is my Aunt Nell (97), my Mom (78), my Aunt Ruth (83), my Aunt Jean (96) and my Uncle Allen (88).  What a sweet blessing for them to all still have each other.  I imagine that has a lot to do with their longevity (well that, and some good genes!)

It was so much fun to spend time talking with them, listening to stories, laughing a lot and just being challenged to embrace life to the fullest with every single breath.

Between them, they have raised 10 children, doted on 23 grandchildren and a continually rising count of 9 great grandchildren.  They have loved on many, many more children through teaching, ministry and friendship.  They all have incredibly generous hearts and have made such an impact on their communities.

I fell particularly blessed to be their niece and daughter.  To have so many adults invest in you over your lifetime is a gift that is beyond description.  I have literally hundreds of memories that involve these special people.  They have all shaped who I am in numerous ways.




They have loved on my girls and given me incredible support and advice.  They have given me more than I could ever repay ~ so I choose to pay it forward.  To love others big and to live each moment of my life with great JOY. 

What a beautiful heritage 
I have been given. 

I am truly grateful!



No comments:

Post a Comment