Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Monday, July 22, 2013

Monday Musings ~ The Lord is my Shepherd

Psalm 23 is a very familiar passage even if you are not a believer.  These words are spoken at funerals and other somber occasions.  They are comforting and reassuring.  They are spoken as an encouragement. 

The Lord is my shepherd,
I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside still waters.
He restores my soul;
He guides me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I fear no evil, for You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You have anointed my head with oil;
My cup overflows.
6 Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life,
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

 As I was reading this passage, I saw it with new eyes as the Lord's complete provision was laid out in these verses.

The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want (Contentment)

He makes me lie down in green pastures (Rest)

He leads me beside still waters (Refreshment)

He restores my soul (Salvation, Restoration)

He leads me in paths of righteousness for His name's sake (Guidance)

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil (Safety, Security)

For you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me  
(Companionship, Comfort)

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies 
(Sustenance, Honor)

You anoint my head with oil (Healing)

My cup overflows (Joy)

Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life 
(Goodness, Mercy)

And I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever. (Home)

I was overwhelmed by such gifts that the Lord freely gives to me.  

Here is the kicker . . . we only need to Abide.  These riches are at our finger tips as we rest, abide and trust in the Lord.  

He is the Good Shepherd.

He knows His sheep and His sheep know His voice.

Rest in His bounty.

No comments:

Post a Comment