Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Thankful Thursday -- Chin Up!

I was reading in Psalm 3 the other day and I had the sweetest picture come into my head when I read verse 3.

"But You, O Lord, 
are a shield about me ~ 
My glory and the 
One who lifts my head."

When I read that, I thought about the tender touch when we are downcast, and someone gently places their hand below our chin and turns our face upward.  There is something so comforting about looking into the eyes of someone who cares.

I remember doing this often when my girls were little.  They may have been mad, hurt or pouting, but when our eyes met they saw how loved they were and that everything was going to be okay. Momma couldn't always make it right, but they knew I would try!  There was a safety and security in that touch and eye contact.

I picture my Heavenly Father's hand cupped under my chin - gently lifting it up so that my gaze is turned upward. 

Everything looks different when I am looking up at Him.

That gentle touch puts everything else in perspective.

There is no comfort like the comfort of the Lord, Himself.

I am grateful for a God who notices my downcast eyes and quickly comes to my aid to lift my chin up and fix my eyes on His. 

In The Message, Psalm 42:11 says this . . .

Why are you down in the dumps, dear soul?
    Why are you crying the blues?
Fix my eyes on God—
    soon I’ll be praising again.
He puts a smile on my face.
    He’s my God.

Chin up, friend!


No comments:

Post a Comment