Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Wednesday Wanderings . . .

Hello!  I've been on a blog hiatus.  Why - do you ask?

I've been driving all over the state of TX and to CO - and I spent a week with my parents which meant I reverted back to a 10 year old who could not possibly write a blog entry.

It was awesome.

I loved my two weeks in TX - all the friends and family I was able to see and the fun that I had.

I am now back in my beloved mountains.  We have friends here for the better part of the next month and I am loving that!  I like my house full.

In the midst of all the busyness, I haven't slowed down to write down a thought.  I wanted to share with you some things that the Lord is impressing on my heart right now.



WAITING

Psalm 25 says:

Make me know Your ways, O Lord
Teach me Your paths
Lead me in Your truth and teach me
For You are the God of my salvation
For You I wait all the day

Waiting . . . 

It take all kinds of different shapes and forms.

We wait in line, 

on the phone, 

in the doctor's office,

for the movie to start, 

for our food to come 

and for the weekend.

Sometimes, we are waiting for "the ax to fall."  I would call that a dreaded waiting.  We know it is coming, but we just aren't sure when.

Sometimes, we wait with excitement for something that is coming.  I would call that anticipatory waiting.  It is that "sitting on the edge of your seat" kind of waiting.  It is agonizing and wonderful all at the same time.

Sometimes, we wait for something that we are longing for,
hoping for and dreaming of . . . 
a yearning kind of waiting.

Perhaps that kind of waiting is the hardest of all.

It is also the most transformational kind of waiting.

It is the kind of waiting that builds trust.

It is the kind of waiting that builds character.

It is the kind of waiting that give us freedom.

Freedom?

Yes, freedom.  Because in the waiting, we discover that the Giver of All Good Gifts 
is the Gift.

We discover that He is indeed the answer to our deepest longing.

We discover that He is indeed Sufficient.

In the waiting comes a peace and contentment that defies logic.

What are you waiting for?

Do not despair. 

He knows. 

He is at work. 

He will fill your deepest longings.  

He will meet your need, your desire and your dreams 
in ways that you can not even imagine.

He is using your waiting to encourage another.

He is ever present in each waiting moment.

He is making you like Jesus as you wait.

As I wait, Lord, please make me know you more deeply.  Please lead me in Your truth and teach me Your ways.  You are the God of my salvation.  You are the Giver of Life.  

On You, I will wait all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment