Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Thankful Thursday ~ Unexpected Dinner Guest

Do you love one of those 

REALLY

THAT'S CRAZY

NO WAY

HOW FUN

ONLY GOD

kind of stories?

Well, hold on.  I have a really fun one!  I had 5 days by myself this past week.  I am a people person - but I like some time alone also.  I went on several hikes.  One hike was up to Middle Mountain.  An incredible display of God's splendor all around me.



While I was on this hike with my faithful companion, Quincy . . .


I came across another woman, hiking with her big black Labradoodle, named Licorice.

We talked for a little while and she told me a bit about her life.  She was on vacation from Arizona.  She said she noticed that I was from Illinois when she parked her car next to mine.  It was a brief encounter.  I went back to the car and journeyed on.

On Sunday, as I was coming back from town and I noticed that I was actually behind that car from Arizona.  Hmmm . . .

I went up to my favorite hiking spot on Monday, Vallecito Creek.  I spent some time by the water and the Lord saw fit to bring two Christian women across my path.  I had some really great conversation and felt so blessed and encouraged.  It was a sweet morning.  As I headed back to the house, I noticed that same car with the Arizona plate in front of a little cabin by the road.

Really?

Hmmm . . .

The Lord was speaking to me over and over, "You need to ask that women to dinner."

Really?

I didn't even know her name.  I had only had one conversation with her.  I will look like some kind of psycho or stalker.  She will think I'm crazy.  No way.

"You need to ask her to dinner."

That would be ridiculous.  I'm tired.  I just need to go on home.

Oh, wait.  I'm pretty sure I am always telling others that when the Lord speaks to you, you must be obedient.  

So - I turned around.





I parked in front of that little cabin and I left my car running (just in case).  I knocked on the door and a voice said, "Come in."  She looked at me kind of funny and I said, "I don't know if you remember me - but we met on Saturday on Middle Mountain."  She continued to look at me with a rather puzzled look on her face and then she said,"Oh - Quincy's mom!"  

Yep

So I asked her if she would like to come to dinner at my house that night.  

She said . . .

Yes!  Thank you for inviting me!  By the way, my name is Emilie.

HA

I went home and thought to myself - Chrisann - you just invited a complete stranger to your house for dinner.

Yep

She brought the chicken and I made the sides.  We talked and laughed for over 3 hours.  I heard all about her life and I got to share all about mine.  I had many opportunities to tell my faith story and all the amazing ways that the Lord had shown up in my big and small moments.  

She has had a difficult life with some major disappointments.  Faith had been put on the back burner for quite some time.

I'm not sure what all the Lord was up to with this encounter, but I do know that Emilie left my house with a lighter step and a happier heart.  

I closed the door and thanked the Lord for such a faith building night.

When He asks - I always want to answer YES.

Even if it seems crazy . . .

Even if I'm afraid I will look stupid . . .

Yes

No matter what.

It is always worth it.



No comments:

Post a Comment