Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Tuesday's Thoughts ~ Dream

I have been going through a study this summer called, Chase, by Jennie Allen.  I am going to be going through it with a group of women this fall and I am already SO EXCITED!  I know that the Lord will draw the exact women that need this particular word and I absolutely LOVE that I get to be a part of it.  I am almost finished with it (that always makes me a bit sad) but it has been so good. Yesterday, I was going through one part of a chapter entitled - dreams about heaven.

I have to tell you, by the time I got finished journaling on this page, I had tears of JOY leaking out of my eyes.  It was as if the Lord just scooped up my heart and filled it with expectation.  Here were the questions.

What will you see?  Wow - what will I see in heaven.  Jesus came to mind immediately because I am so excited to see Him face to face. 

For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known.  1st Corinthians 13:11-13


Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we will be. We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is.  1st John 3:2

Oh my goodness, my heart feels like it will explode!  

I also thought about beloved family and friends that have already gone to be with Jesus.  Then I began to imagine a place with sinless perfection, incredible beauty, God's glory illuminating everything, true JOY, complete satisfaction and perfect rest.  

Yeah -- I got excited.

Who will be there?  Everyone who called on the Name of Jesus for their salvation.  I love meeting new people, so I'll love seeing familiar faces as well as so many new ones from all across time.  Can you imagine?  How about a chat with one of your heroes of the faith?  Whoo Hoo!!!

What will you be doing?  Interesting question!  I have read some amazing books on heaven as well as a lot of scripture.  I have a lot of ideas - but in summation, I believe that I will be doing everything that I love - those very things that God created me to do.  I will have the freedom to pursue all that the Lord has for me and I will be able to use all my giftings, perfectly.  I will be able to sit at my Father's feet and praise and worship Him eternally.  I really want to sit in His lap.  Does God have a lap?  I think He must.

Where will you live?  I believe that I will live in a place that the Lord has specifically prepared for me.  I am also pretty sure that I won't even care about where I live because I am going to be so excited to be there!  I'm pretty sure it will be perfectly suited for me.

In My Father’s house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you.  John 14:2

What do you imagine God will be like? When I got to this question, I sat back and really thought about it.  The more I thought, the more emotional I got.  My heart seemed as though it would burst and my eyes filled with tears as I tried to imagine what God will be like - 

My Perfect Father

My Glorious King

The Lamb that was Slain

My Friend

My Brother

My Mighty God

I can not even begin to describe what God will be like, but I am truly excited to know that as I enter into His presence.

Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea.  And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband.  And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is among men, and He will dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be among them and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away.”  Revelation 21:1-4

I love my life.  It is amazing and full of JOY - no matter what the circumstances.  I am also beyond expectant as I think about all that will be.  A time when all wrongs will be made right.  A time when there is true justice.  A time when the true greatness of God is known and experienced in full.

What happens 
when you 
dream of 
heaven?

  

No comments:

Post a Comment