Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Monday, October 29, 2012

Monday Musings ~ Say that again?

One of my favorite accounts in the book of Acts is in chapter 16.  I saw something new when I read this the other day.  

"But about midnight, Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns of praise to God, and the prisoners were listening to them."



This did not take place in a church or on a camp out!  This scene took place in a prison.  I'm thinking that singing and praying were not the norm and certainly not an expected reaction after a severe beating and imprisonment.  Paul and Silas CHOSE to respond in this way.  Mind boggling!

And guess what?  The other prisoners were listening.  

I have always been amazed at the choice that Paul and Silas made to praise the Lord and in the events that transpired, but this time I was struck by the fact that the other prisoners were listening to them.  

Someone is always listening.  
Someone is always catching our 
response to our hardships.

We may not know who is listening.  We may never know what kind of an impact those words have on others.  

How am I responding?

Complaining comes easy.  We are all champs at complaining and focusing on the negative, particularly when there is a lot of negative!  If we are going to have a different reaction, we will have to be very intentional about it.  Complaining is our default setting!

People will be listening, either way.

What will they hear from me?  
Will my response draw them to faith?  
Will my response reflect my trust in my Lord?  
Will my response be filled with the kind of joy that can only come from my confidence in Jesus?

What will they hear from you?  

Your words may very well be the cry of their heart.   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment