Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Friday, October 26, 2012

Thankful Thursday ~ Dave, Molly and Isaac

My inability to remember what day it is messes with my Thankful Thursday post - but believe me, I am just as thankful on Friday!  When I was pondering about what to write about, my dear friends Dave, Molly and their son Isaac popped into my head.  Let me tell you a bit about them.

I first met Dave when he was a college student at Huntington University.  He was a Youth Ministry major and needed a summer internship.  I had an intern from Huntington the precious summer and fall, so fortunately for me, Dave was familiar with my church.  I lived in Columbus OH at the time and was the Youth Minister at Karl Road Baptist Church.  Dave came that summer to work with me.

Hands down, I have never seen someone so natural and so gifted in Youth Ministry.  We had a great summer of loving on students and doing all kinds of crazy and fun things.  It was a rich summer of fun and digging into the Word.  Dave did a fantastic job and made such an impact on our students in a short time.  He continued to join us for retreats and other events while finishing up his degree and working with Youth For Christ.

After graduation, Dave stayed in Huntington IN and joined the staff of Youth for Christ.  He did an amazing job there and along the way, met a very beautiful woman with the same heart for ministry -- Molly.  Molly was in Denver working with Youth For Chirst's camping ministry.  Dave ended up moving to Denver and after some dating and getting to know one another well, they decided to get married.  Alan, Ashley and I were able to fly to Michigan and be at their wedding.  It was one of the sweetest, most God honoring weddings I have ever been to. 

Dave and Molly continue to live in Denver with Dave training Youth For Christ leaders all over the country and Molly working in the camping ministry.  About a year and a half ago, Isaac entered the world.  He is an amazing little guy.

I am so thankful for people like Dave and Molly, who have such a heart for Jesus and for reaching students.  There influence literally spans the country.  The difference they have made in the lives of so many has eternal significance.  The friendship they offer me is a true gift.  Our hearts are forever entwined by our love for Jesus and students. 


Dave and Molly -- thank you for being the hands and feet of Jesus where you are.  You are making a difference for eternity.  I know it isn't always easy.  Thank you for the sacrifices you make and the LIGHT that you share. 

No comments:

Post a Comment