Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Thankful Thursday ~ November

November is a fun, fall month.  It is a month where we all make more of an effort to step back and be thankful.  I always loved making pilgrim hats and having a feast at school.  I loved studying about the first Thanksgiving with the Pilgrims and the Indians.  I love candy corn and everything pumpkin.  It is a great month, indeed!

I want to encourage you to write down something that you are thankful for every day this month.  I am making a thankful tree again this year and I will be adding leaves to it each day to celebrate all the many blessings in my life.

  
 I did this last year.  I cut out leaf shapes on cardstock paper and then punched a hole and put ribbon through each one.  I had these available so that anyone who came over could write down what they were thankful for and I put it on the tree.  As you can see, you can just pick up fallen branches in your yard and put them in a vase with rocks or something else that will hold them steady.  It looks cute and it is a daily reminder of how much we have to be thankful for - even if it has been a rough year.

Let's make November famous for 
praising the One who gives us  
every good thing and every perfect gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment