Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Thankful Thursday ~ He is Faithful


Are you in the Word daily?  I hope so, because the Lord has something every day as a gift to each one of us.  I was reading in 1st Thessalonians this morning.  Chapter 5 is one of those chapters that I love to camp out on.  Here is a gold nugget of truth toward the end of that chapter -- verse 24 to be exact!

"Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass."


WOW!  I am so thankful for that!  Are you ever in that place where you just can't see how this is all going to work out?  No matter what you do - what strings you pull - even applying your highest level of thinking and reasoning, it just doesn't make sense?

Not a bad place to be, actually.  WHY?  When I am facing a situation like this, I MUST rely on the Lord, which is what I should have been doing in the first place.  God will not call me to something without providing a way to fulfill that call. 

Does that mean that it will run smoothly and that all the pieces will simply fall together?  Sometimes, it seems to happen that way, but at other times, the struggle in the journey is even more important than the outcome.

"He will also bring it to pass."

Ultimately, it is His work that brings it to pass.  I want to be obedient in the process.  I want to wait on the Lord when I need to.  I want to step out in faith when the Lord nudges me to do so.  I want to rely on His faithfulness and also rest in His faithfulness.

I am thankful for a God who calls and equips - a God who is faithful in initiating the process and completing it.

Rejoice with me today in our FAITHFUL GOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment