Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Ashley

My first born baby girl turned 27 last weekend.  
Wow - hard to believe.




Bless her heart - I had to learn to be a Mom with her!  I was crazy in love with her from the first second I saw her and I just couldn't believe that I had a baby.  She was an emergency c-section, so my first glimpse of her was when I was coming out of recovery.  She was beautiful - so tiny and so fragile.  I could hardly believe that they were going to allow me to take her home from the hospital.  


Ashley was feisty from day one.  That girl had a few opinions and she did not mind letting me know about it.  Of course, I didn't know very much about what I was doing, so that could have contributed . . . 


Even as a little one, Ashley always knew who she was and who she wanted to be.  She was very sweet, kind, caring and helpful.  She was a strong willed child, but that proved to be one of her best characteristics as she grew up.  She was so smart and so artistic - even as a wee little one.  She used to cry because her kindergarten teacher would not give her homework.  


We moved around a lot during Ashley's school years and she was a trooper!  She went to 4 elementary schools, 2 junior highs and 1 high school.  She learned to meet new people, stand on her own two feet and to include others.  She learned to be flexible and to trust God from early on.  At the age of 4, she was singing the hymn, "Trust and Obey."


She loved the BSF children's program and she loved church.  She hungered for more of the Lord always.  She had such a steadfast faith - never wavering, even when it meant she might be left out.  She loved Jesus then and she loves Jesus now.


She was a wonderful sister to Heather - even when Heather didn't want her to be.  She had a fierce love for Heather, felt very protective of her and always wanted the best for her.  What a sweet friendship those two share.


Ashely is so many things . . . daughter, friend, wife, sister - she is smart, artistic, creative, kind, caring , giving, discerning and faithful.  She is passionate about what the Lord has for her to do.  Every time I see the quote, "She may be small, but she be mighty" I think of Ashley.


Thank you, Ashley, for being such a blessing to my life.  You mean more to me than I could even put into words.  Seeing you grow into such a beautiful, passionate follower of Jesus is my greatest gift.  I love you.


Happy Birthday

No comments:

Post a Comment