Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Thankful Thursday: God's Goodness

I have had such a great week.  My parents arrived one week ago today and they left this morning - Thankful Thursday to Thankful Thursday -- seems appropriate! 

In the midst of that week, we celebrated Mother's Day, Alan's birthday and my Dad's birthday.  It was a fun week!

Also, Vicky (one of Heather's Baylor roommates) came to stay with us for 5 weeks while she is doing a Physicians Assistant rotation at Rush Hospital.  We love having her here.  It is nice to have a "daughter" in the house.

I was reading Psalm 95 this morning and it seemed like a Thankful Thursday kind of Psalm.

O come, let us sing for joy to the Lord.
Let us shout joyfully to the rock of our salvation.
Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving.
Let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms.
For the Lord is a great God
And a great King above all gods.
In whose hand are the depths of the earth,
The peaks of the mountains are His also.
The sea is His, for it was He who made it,
And His hands formed the dry land.
Come, let us worship and bow down,
Let us kneel before the Lord our Maker.
For He is our God,
And we are the people of His pasture and the sheep of His hand.

I don't know how to even express how thankful I am for all that the Lord is doing right now.  I really stand in awe of the people and opportunities that He places in my life.  Each day is a gift.

Embrace the gift of your today - praise Him in all circumstances.

Be thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment