Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Thankful Thursday - Shadow of His Wings

There are a lot of images in scripture that are so encouraging and comforting to me, but one that I am always drawn to is the image of being safe and secure in the shadow of the wings of the Almighty.  Wings are a pretty big deal in scripture and there are a lot of references to them, but this protective, loving picture is always so dear to me.




Keep me as the apply of the eye.  
Hide me in the shadow of Your wings.
Psalm 17:8

How precious is Your lovingkindness, O God.  
And the children of men take refuge 
in the shadow of Your wings.
Psalm 36:7




Let me dwell in Your tent forever; 
Let me take refuge in the 
shelter of Your wings.
Psalm 61:4

For You have been my help and in the shadow 
of Your wings I sing for JOY.
Psalm 63:7

Be gracious to me, O God.  Be gracious to me.  
For my soul takes refuge in You and in the 
shadow of Your wings, I will take refuge until 
the destruction passes by.
Psalm 57:1

He will cover you with His pinons and 
under His wings you may seek refuge; 
His faithfulness is a shield and bulwark.
Psalm 91:4


When Jesus walked the earth and He knew His time was short, He said, "Jerusalem, Jerusalem,  . . . how often I have wanted to gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her chicks under her wings . . ."  Matthew 23:37


I am so comforted by the fact that the Lord wants me to nestle in under His wings.  That is is not a sign of weakness, but a sign of healthy dependence on my Heavenly Father.  

He is Safety.  

He is Security.  

He is Strength.  

He is Peace.

I can rest assured of His great love and care for me as I rest under His wings.  I am so grateful -  so thankful for that kind of a Heavenly Father.

Rest in the shadow of His wings today.

No comments:

Post a Comment