Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Monday, May 7, 2012

Monday Musings: Eyes Wide Open

They said to Him (Jesus), "Lord, we want our eyes to be opened."  Matthew 20:33

Jesus came upon 2 blind men as he was leaving Jericho.  A large crowd was following Jesus, so they must have been crying out pretty loudly in order to be heard.

"Lord, have mercy on us, Son of David!"

The crowd was "shushing them" - you know, SHHHHHHHHH!!  They didn't want these blind beggars to bother Jesus.  

But, the blind beggars persisted and persisted and persisted.

Jesus stopped and said, 
"What do you want me to do for you?"

They responded with what they perceived to be their greatest need - for their eyes to be opened.

I think that they had no idea all that their requests would do.  They were immediately physically healed . .  but their heart response was to follow Jesus.

I can identify with these men.  I feel like so many times, I can't see.  My sight is so earthly bound when all of heaven is beckoning me to see more.  To see behind the grouchy behavior or rude comment - behind the tears that seem to flow for no good reason - behind the unresponsiveness to the deeper hurt and need.

 I want to see other people and my own circumstances from Jesus' perspective.  I need His spiritual eyes.

Jesus -- I, too, request that You open my eyes to see you clearly - to see the Jesus in others -- to have compassion and mercy.  Help me to see beyond the obvious.  Help me to see where the behavior is coming from and to not be sidetracked by the immediate impact that it has on me.

Help me to see as You see - 
with Eyes Wide Open.

1 comment:

  1. Amen...recently I asked the Lord to let me see someone with His eyes...because my eyes were having trouble with this person...how amazed I was when He revealed how He saw them.

    Yes Lord open my eyes so I can see...give me your eyes

    ReplyDelete