Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Monday, June 4, 2012

Monday Musings: A Cheerful Heart

I've been reading through Proverbs.  I always enjoy Proverbs because it is so full of practical, everyday wisdom.  Again, God has not left us with "no clue" as to how we should live.  I came across one of my favorite verses the other day.  I used to have it painted on my kitchen wall and I just might need to do that again.


". . . a cheerful heart has a continual feast." Proverbs 15:15b



A continual feast?  That sounds good to me.  What does it mean to have a cheerful heart?  Well, sometimes I best understand a concept by working through what it DOES NOT mean.  

A cheerful heart does not mean plastering a fake smile on your face.

A cheerful heart does not mean being blissfully unaware of reality.

A cheerful heart does not mean that you are merely optimistic.

A cheerful heart does not mean everything is going your way.

A cheerful heart does not mean that life is easy.

A cheerful heart does not mean that your heart is not breaking in some way.

So, what does it mean?

Do others see you as one who has a cheerful heart?

Where is your focus currently?

 A cheerful heart means that you make a choice to focus on:
     *who God is
     *what He has done in your life
     *the gifts you have been given
     *the hope of eternity
     *the presence of Jesus

A cheerful heart means that you trust in the Lord's:
     *Faithfulness
     *Goodness
     *Love
     *Mercy
     *Sovereignty
     *Grace
     *Forgiveness

A FEAST, INDEED.


 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment