Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Monday, June 18, 2012

Monday Musings: Catching Up

I have had such a busy week that I thought I would just catch up on this Monday.  I was driving from Chicago to Tyler, TX last Thursday and I was sure thankful to arrive in Tyler safely and to have Heather with me for the ride.  It was 16 hours of mother/daughter sweetness.  Construction about drove us over the edge, but that was far outweighed by conversation and singing worship songs together.  It was a Thankful Thursday - indeed.


I got to spend the weekend with my girls and their husbands, my Mom and some very dear friends from Ohio.  We were all gathered here to celebrate our long time friend, Annie's, wedding.


I have known Annie since she was 13 years old.  I have to say that she was very impressive then and she still is now.  She was 13 going on 30 - so bright and self assured.  I was the leader but I think in a lot of ways, she was the teacher.  I was with Annie for 6 years in Ohio and then we moved to TX.  Annie graduated the following year and decided to come to Baylor University in TX.  We were so excited to have her near.  In the years that have followed, Annie spent countless hours at our house - spent holidays with us and was truly a part of our family.  We love Annie like our own.


It is a sweet thing to see her so happy and off on a new journey with her new husband Darrell. 


The weekend included time with friends, time at our Arlington church, Father's Day celebrations and lots of parties.  What a fun weekend.

This week I am helping Ashley on a painting job.  This means that I am exhausted and deliriously happy.  Spending all day, every day of this week with Ashley is such a treat for this momma.  

Life is a sweet thing.  It doesn't always go according to plan and it comes with its share of disappointments and frustrations - but I am thankful for each and every day.  I hope that this week brings you great joy. 


Thanks for catching up.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment