Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Monday, June 11, 2012

Monday Musings: My Story

I love to read.  There is just nothing like getting into a good book and savoring each moment.  I love working toward the end and seeing how the author wraps it up.  I love solving a mystery or seeing a relationship resolved.  Books are just fascinating.

I was reading in Psalm 18 this week and when I got to verse 24 - it grabbed my attention.  I began to look at it in different versions and got really excited when I got to The Message.


"God rewrote the text of my life when I opened the book of my heart to His eyes."




Wow - I got so excited.  I see this as my life before living for Jesus - a book that I was scrambling to scribble page after page - trying to write a story that would assure me of a favorable outcome.  I would write and write, frantically erase and then write and write some more.  I would insert some interesting characters . . . oops . . . wrong ones.  I would work to manipulate situations so that things would go my way only to be disappointed in the end.  Maybe I could add some humor here or some drama there.  Surely, I can make this story turn out just as I have imagined.  More frustration.


What a relief to turn over the pages of my book to the Author.  


Only He knows the plot.

Only He knows the best cast of characters.

Only He knows where this story is going.

Some chapters are more difficult than others.  Some hold such surprises that I gasp with sheer delight.  I could never have written such a story because I could not have even imagined it. Some chapters are sad, some stressful  and some are so blissful that they seem like a fairy tale.  But this is no fairy tale - this is life walking with Jesus.

He writes my story so that each page moves me closer to Him.  Each word engages me with The Word.  Each chapter leads me toward His intended outcome.  


I can get excited as the story moves ahead and I can be assured that the ending will be perfect.  Unlike reading a novel where you might be tempted to jump to the last page, I know the ending of my story.  That gives me freedom to relax as the chapters unfold and trust that the Lord is weaving a tale that only He could write.  I can rest in the story that He writes because He always has my best interest at heart.


He wants my story to always 
point to The Story of my Savior.

May every page of my story point to the 
Author and Perfecter of my faith.

Write on . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment