Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Tuesday's Thoughts ~ Now I see it . . .

I hope everyone has enjoyed their Memorial Day Weekend!  What a blessing it is to grow up in a country where we enjoy Freedom.  I am so thankful for all those who have risked and given their lives so that we might benefit from their sacrifice.

I have another treasure to share from my time in Lake Tahoe.  I was soaking up the 8th chapter of Mark and I landed on verses 22 - 26.

And they came to Bethsaida. And they brought a blind man to Jesus and implored Him to touch him. Taking the blind man by the hand, He brought him out of the village; and after spitting on his eyes and laying His hands on him, He asked him, “Do you see anything?”  And he looked up and said, “I see men, for I see them like trees, walking around.”  Then again He laid His hands on his eyes; and he looked intently and was restored, and began to see everything clearly.  And He sent him to his home, saying, “Do not even enter the village.”

This healing has always fascinated me because it came in two stages.  Jesus touches the man's eyes and he sees, yet his vision is blurry.  He touches him again and he sees clearly.

What's that about?

Jesus certainly didn't need to touch him twice.  He didn't even need to touch him at all!  He could have just spoken his healing into being.  

Why the two stages?


 As I looked at different versions, I took at look at this phrase after the second touch.

he opened his eyes wide

he looked intently

he looked hard and realized


Did it have something to do with this man's expectations?

Is is sometimes hard to fully grasp what the lord wants us to see? 

beauty from the ashes

purpose in the suffering

lessons in the mundane

joy in the midst of sorrow

the hurt that is behind harsh words

the cry for help behind hurtful behavior

Sometimes, I'm aware that even as I look at a situation, I am not truly seeing it.  It is as if I am looking at it with blurry vision.  

I need a touch from the Lord to see it clearly.

There is always more to the story.

I have to look intently - open my eyes wide and see the person, 
the situation or circumstance through His eyes.

Maybe this blind man just couldn't believe that he would have his sight fully restored - he was just happy to see even blurry images.

But, Jesus wanted more for him.

He wanted him to see clearly.

He wanted to give him 20/20, HD vision.

I got new glasses recently.  My prescription had not changed a lot, but it had changed enough that I was amazed when I put those new glasses on!  Things were sharper, clearer and more in focus.  It was wonderful!

So, I asked myself these questions.

Do I settle for blurry when Jesus offers 20/20?

Do I seek all that He has for me?

Do I grasp the depth of His love, grace and mercy?

I'm praying that the Lord will give me crystal clear vision as to His plans and purposes for me.  I pray that I will have clarity as I move forward and make decisions about my future.  I pray that I will have His eyes of compassion for others.  I pray that I will truly see when I look.

May we all see Him clearly and because of that -- 
see others through His eyes.



No comments:

Post a Comment