Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Monday, May 5, 2014

Monday Musings ~ Please "but in"

I have had the sweetest 1 1/2 weeks with my girls.  They are adorably pregnant and I am loving every minute of being with them.  The three of us were able to attend a Women's Conference at Gateway Church in Southlake TX this weekend.  It was such a sweet experience to share as we were both challenged and encouraged by the speakers we heard and the worship with Kari Jobe.


One of the speakers, Blynda Lane, talked about letting Jesus "butt in" to your life.  In reality, it is "but in."  I decided it would be fun to think about these "but ins" in my own life.

I was lost, but in Christ, I am found.

I was weak, but in Christ, I have been made strong.

I was negative, but in Christ, I am positive and hopeful.

I was fearful, but in Christ, I am brave and courageous.

I was insecure, but in Christ, I find my security.

I was a person of low self esteem, but in Christ, I see myself as a child of God.

I was self-absorbed, but in Christ, I see the needs of others.

I was a taker, but in Christ, I am a giver out Christ's riches.

I was sad, but in Christ, I have deep JOY.

I was unsure about so many things, but in Christ, I am confident.

I was always comparing, but in Christ, I am content and satisfied.

I was empty, but in Christ, I am filled with the Spirit.

I was desperate, but in Christ, I am desperately dependent on Him.

I was alone, but in Christ, I am always in the shadow of His wings.

I was aimless, but in Christ, I have a calling and purpose.

I'm pretty sure I could go on and on . . . but you get the idea, right?  It is not that I never feel some of those old emotions or think those old thoughts.  I do.  BUT IN CHRIST, I know the truth and I can tell myself what the truth of the matter is and that makes all the difference.

 Would you please leave a comment on the blog or on facebook with one of your own "but ins?"  It would bless me to see them.  Come on, you can do it!

There is nothing like a weekend of hearing the Word and singing praises to remind me of all that I have.  I have a treasure that will never lose value or be taken from me.  I have Jesus and truthfully, He is all I need.  I am so grateful.


Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment