Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Friday, May 9, 2014

Mother's Day Meditations

I love Mother's Day.  Why, do you ask?  Because I love my mother.  She is an amazing woman in every way.  So, I love celebrating her.  I also love being a mother.  In fact, there isn't anything I have loved more.  I have two amazing daughters that bring me more joy than I could have ever anticipated.

Could it get any better????  Why, yes.  Both of my daughters are experiencing their first Mother's Day with babies on the way.  So very sweet.  I can not wait to see my daughters become hands on moms when these babies arrive.  But in so many way, they are already becoming mothers as they are nurturing and caring for these sweet babies that are developing inside of them.  They have really been practicing being mommas since they were very small.


 Early training and practice.

 Ashley learned how to be a momma from the moment Heather was born.
She also learned to be a momma from her grandmothers.

 They both learned to be a momma and love others from Grannie Annie.


 They even got to learn a thing or two from my grandmother!

I made a lot of mistakes over the years, but I had some excellent guidance from watching my own mother, grandmothers, mother in law and other amazing women that the Lord placed in my life.  I feel so very fortunate.











 






















So - these girls make it so much fun to be a mother and I can hardly 
wait to be a grandmother.  

Happy Mother's Day to every single woman out there.  
We are all mothering others - 
nurturing, loving, coaching, teaching and listening.  
Thank you for all you do.


No comments:

Post a Comment