Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Tuesday Catch Up

I took a bit of an unplanned vacation from blogging last week!  It was a fun filled, crazy week.  Alan and I had planned on leaving Chicago a week ago Sunday and driving part way to Texas - arriving at Heather's by dinner on Monday.  A HUGE snow storm decided to move right across our route - so we delayed leaving until Monday.  We had a very long, very difficult drive through Illinois.  The interstate was actually shut down in several places, so our drive to Texas took 18 hours!  We left Chicago at 6 am and arrived in Tyler at midnight.  ONE LONG DAY - but what a reward!


 I got to spend the next two days in Heather's classroom with her Headstart kids.  They are an energetic, fun loving, happy hearted group.  I love being with Heather and watching her teach.  She is an amazing teacher dealing with some pretty difficult situations.  She handles it beautifully and those kids are truly getting a head start for kindergarten readiness.  I loved every minute of it!  We also got to hang with both Heather and Cooper - just enjoying sharing a meal and being together.  It was a very sweet time.

Heather teaching her precious kiddos.
 Wednesday afternoon - we headed to Waco to my parent's house.  Alan got to go to the NIT game and see Baylor win.  I got some good hang out time with my Mom.  We went to see my grandmother the next morning.  She had been in the hospital with a severe case of bronchitis but was back at her assisted living facility doing rehab so she could return to her own private apartment there.  Did I mention she just turned 96?  She is recovering well, although recovering from anything at 96 is difficult.  She is getting stronger and it is good to see her improving.  I admire her so much.  She is a great woman of faith and someone who has loved me so well my whole life.  It was good to see her.

This is not the most flattering picture of either of us -- but I cherish it all the same!
 We left Thursday afternoon to head to Ashley and James' house.  We got to spend some great time with them.  We went to their Easter Service on Saturday night and Alan's parents met us there.  We all went to dinner after the service.  It was a great time.

All dressed up for Easter!
 On Sunday, we drove over to Allen TX to see my brother and his family.  I had not seen my brother for a year (he lived in Australia and then began doing a 28 days in the states, 28 days in Angola, Africa)  We were never back in TX at the same time!  It was so good to see him.  I can not even put into words how very much I love my brother.  My parents  came up also - and then Heather and Cooper surprised me by driving to Allen!!  I was VERY surprised and VERY excited!!  It was a great day of celebration.

Best surprise ever!!!


Great Heather time
Loved getting to see my baby brother.

My great niece, Sophie, on an egg hunt!
We took off for Colorado yesterday and made it here by about 8 pm. We have put over 2000 miles on the car - but it has been more than worth it!

So - I sit here this morning looking out at the mountains and I am one happy soul.  I love Easter and celebrating my living Savior.  Two of my dear friends lost their fathers this past week.  One funeral was actually on Easter and one is today.  It is so hard to lose someone we love so very much, but both of these women are holding on to the promise of eternal life - health and wholeness - peace and the presence of Jesus - as they celebrate their Dad's lives and grieve their loss.

Isn't life always like that?  Such joy and sorrow intermingling in a single day?  I do not know what I would do without the HOPE that Jesus gives me.  He walks with us through the dark and difficult days and He fills us with JOY in all circumstances.

Happy Easter, dear friends, because we can celebrate Easter every single day when we belong to Jesus.

2 comments:

  1. great pics - glad you had a good trip and got to see family! happy day to you, friend!

    ReplyDelete