Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Thankful Thursday ~ In the midst

What a rough week all around.  There is such a heaviness in the 
midst of so much tragedy.  There are hard things going on 
in my extended family, in my home state and in our nation and in our world.  

It is HEAVY. 

 It is HARD to understand.

BUT

there are a lot of good things going on at the same time.

There are helpers in the midst of hurters

There are those running toward explosions 
rather than away from them.

There are friends serving in Uganda this week loving on orphans
and feeding street children.

There is news of a forever family found for a sweet orphan, Corrie, 
who has been waiting for several years.

There are men and women choosing to enter into the pain and
suffering of others to offer comfort and hope.

There are new babies being born.

There are people receiving good news.

There are weddings happening and graduations to prepare for.

There are churches pointing others to HOPE.

There is Jesus.

In the midst of life's inexplicable hardships

there is Jesus.

My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus and His Righteousness.

I am thankful for that HOPE.

I am thankful for JESUS.


1 comment: