Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Monday, April 22, 2013

Monday Musings ~ BIG love

In the midst of all the crazy happenings in the world last week, my reading took me to Psalm 36:5-6.  I was reading in The Message - so the wording really struck me.  Sometimes, reading something familiar in another translation can really shake things up!

"God's love is meteoric, His loyalty astronomic, His purpose titanic, His verdicts oceanic.  Yet in His largeness, nothing gets lost; Not a man, not a mouse, slips through the cracks." 

The chaos of last week is still fresh.  The complete craziness of it all surrounds us and there is simply no sense to be made of it.  Events like this shake us to the core - causing many to question God's goodness.

I don't pretend to understand why such things happen, but I do know that God is still God.  He remains on the throne and He remains in control.  He grieves at the horrific manifestations of sin in our world.  And . . .

His love is meteoric

             His loyalty is astronomic

      His purpose is titanic

                      His verdicts are oceanic

He is bigger than I can possibly wrap my mind around . . . and yet nothing escapes His notice.

He was in Boston.  He was in West, TX.  He was in hospitals, nursing homes, orphanages, schools and businesses. He was in homes, apartments, condos and mansions.  He was on the streets and in the lowest of places.  He was in the many lives that were spared on those very same days.  He is with those who are injured and recovering.  He is with those that lost a loved one. 

He grieves over the darkness of the hearts that committed such crimes. (Oh how He would love to enter in and transform those hearts!) 

He is the presence of comfort and peace that surrounds so many.

He will be the strength that sustains along with the hope and 
determination that propels us to move forward.

I don't always understand, but I do TRUST.

It is not a "pie in the sky" kind of trust or sheer naivety. 

It is a HUGE trust in an even BIGGER God.

It is resting in the One who loves me and gave His life up for me.

"Peace I leave with you (My love is meteoric), My peace I give to you (My loyalty is astronomic), not as the world gives do I give to you. (My purpose is titanic) Do not let your heart be troubled (My verdicts are oceanic) nor let it be fearful (Yet in His largeness, nothing gets lost.) John 14:27 + Psalm 36: 5-6

I can rest in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment