Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Monday, April 29, 2013

Monday Musings ~ YFC Retreat

I am just getting to the blog after a busy last few days.  I wanted to share with you about the privilege I had to cook for a Youth For Christ Women's Retreat.  13 women from around the country came to the Chicago area for a long weekend of encouragement, reflection and refreshment.

I headed out to a northern suburb, Northbrook, on Thursday and met up with Molly and Nina.  I had my car loaded down with groceries, a menu and a lot of excitement. 

The women began to arrive that afternoon.  They traveled in from several different states.  There were women of every age and years of experience.  They all have a unique story.  They were weary, but joyful.  Some came with heavy hearts.  There was a lot of laughter, some tears and sharing from the heart. 

I spent my time in the kitchen, but I was able to hear from most of the women in one on one conversations.  I got to hear their hearts for ministry, their love for the Lord, their families and their passion for students to come to know Jesus.

I also got to help take care of a 7 week old baby, Joel.  Now that made me VERY happy.

I think we all have the tendency to think that God is only at work where we are and that He only works in certain ways.   He is in the business of reminding us that is simply not true!  It is so great to be reminded that the family of God is big and that He is all about changing lives all over this world.  He is so pleased when we join together with others who have the same heart for Him.  He is bigger than we can imagine and it is our privilege to see His work all around us.

I am so grateful for these women who are pursuing the Lord and His work with such energy, sacrifice, passion and zeal.  They are encouraging one another in their personal struggles and in their ministry challenges.  They are a picture of the body of Christ at work.

They blessed me so much.  I loved cooking for them and taking care of them so they could take a break and rest.  Just being around them encouraged my heart and inspired me to continue to obey the Lord in all that He purposes for me.

What a privilege to serve along side such amazing women.

Where is the Lord calling you to invest in others?

How can you come along side others as an encourager and servant?

Who inspires you?

Let's pursue the Lord together and see Him change the world around us.

2 comments:

  1. I've come to realize in our relationship that it's hard to think of anything to say to you except, "thank you"! I'm wondering how many hundreds feel the same way? You are a true blessing in this world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny . . . I feel the same way about you! Your selfless love for the Lord inspires me all the time!

      Delete