Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Thankful Thurday ~ Who Wants to be a Millionaire?

So - over the years, there have been a lot of "get rich quick" schemes out there.


There have also been inventors, investors and perhaps a crook or two that have made their millions.  Now - I'm not sneezing at making a buck at all, but I wonder - what kind of wealth should we be pursuing?



I have been overwhelmed lately by all the rich relationships that I have.  I have come to realize that I am relationally - a millionaire.  I am rich beyond my wildest dreams in family and friendship.  I've been earning a lot of interest on this account and the Lord keeps depositing new relationships in there.  The dividends are staggering.  The return is out of this world.  I am beyond grateful.

How do we become relationally wealthy?

There are all sorts of books out there that tell you how to become financially wealthy - how to double what you have, invest it wisely and sit back and watch it multiply.



I have a book, too.

It was written by God and He happens to be the expert on relationships.

It is much simpler than we imagine.

It says things like ~ do nothing from selfish ambition or vain conceit ~ love one another ~ forgive one another ~ put others first ~ seek the kingdom first, and all these things will be added to you ~ humble yourself ~ judge not ~ share with others ~ think of others ~ do not be easily offended ~ squish your pride ~ love with abandon ~ be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger ~ pray for one another ~ be kind to one another ~ serve one another  . . .

Keep your spiritual eyes open for those that the Lord brings across your path.  

Hold to people loosely but love them fiercely.

Make time to spend with others . . . make it . . . do it . . .

Be an initiator.  If you are lonely or feel as though you do not have many friends - I challenge you to go out and make one. 

Go deeper.  If you are feeling that your friendships are superficial, I challenge you to go deeper.  You will have to be vulnerable.  You may have to ask some better questions.

Be fearless.  Are relationships risky?  Absolutely.  Will you get hurt, let down or disappointed?  Absolutely.  Is it worth it?  Absolutely. 

The Lord is a steadfast friend.  When you are grounded in Him, you can take risks.

So, who wants to be a millionaire?

No comments:

Post a Comment