Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Thankful Thursday ~ Momma Love

"It's all about the momma."  Alan says that a lot - sometimes he is referring to our dog, Quincy and sometimes he is referring to our kids!  With Mother's Day coming up, I've been thinking a lot about mommas.

I am so thankful that I have a wonderful mother.  I have learned so much from her.  I will be having a conversation with someone and all of the sudden, I will realize that what I am sharing with them, I first learned from my Mom.  She has taught me to be a better friend, a better wife and a better Mom.



I have also had many wonderful ladies pour into my life and "mother" me when I was physically far away from my Mom.  I could not be more thankful for their influence and their support.  My mother in law has modeled so much for me as a wife and as a servant.  She has such a kind heart for others.  She did an awesome job raising my husband and for that, I will be forever grateful!

I also have the privilege of being a "chicago momma" to many.  It is one of the most wonderful, humbling things that I get to do.  I get to see so many lives change.  I get to walk beside women as they go through tough times and I get to rejoice with them when they experience victories.  They hug me, talk with me, love me and bring me a tremendous amount of joy.  I get to be the momma of my building here, also.  Such a gift!

I also have many other "spiritual daughters" from years of youth ministry and loving on my kids' friends.  There are some amazing "spiritual sons" also.  What would I do without all those boys?  Although I did not birth any biological sons, He has blessed me with many boys over the years.  I will be forever grateful.

My greatest JOY in life is being a Mom to Ashley and Heather.  There are really no words to describe what it has been like and meant to me over the last 28 years.  The Lord has used motherhood to shape me in a thousand ways.

When you get to the end of your strength, your ideas, your energy and your patience as a Mom, there God is to work in your 
life and heart and make you more like Jesus.  

I have to say that having an adult friendship with my girls is a HUGE blessings in my life.  They are my favorites.  They are the first people I think of when something exciting happens and the first ones I call when I need to talk.  I'm so thankful to be their Mom.

I'm a mom-in-law now also - or as I like to refer to it, a mom-in-love.  My son in laws are amazing men.  I am still learning how to be a mil - and they are very patient while I am figuring it out!  Again - so grateful for Cooper and James and how the Lord teaches me and shapes me through my relationship with them.

Who has been a momma influence in your life?  It may be your biological mom, a friend's mom, an adoptive or foster mom, a teacher or youth leader, a neighbor . . . the list goes on.  Let that person know that you are thinking of them this weekend.

Who can you be a momma to?  You may or may not have children of your own, but I guarantee you that there is someone out there who would love to have your momma love and influence in their life.  

And to Ashley and Heather . . . thanks for making me a Mom.  
I love you with all my heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment