Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Thankful Thursday ~ My hope is secure

I am sitting in my den in Colorado, looking out at the geese and ducks on the creek, the blue sky and the mountains.  I could just end my post right here!  I am so thankful to be here! 

One of the things that I love about being here is that I really don't have any kind of schedule or obligations.  I can have long, lingering quiet times and plenty of time to work on Bible study and just listen to the Lord.  It is one of the Lord's best gifts in this place.

I am always on the look out for new studies that I can use for small group in Chicago.  I came across a study called "Stuck" by Jennie Allen.  I did the first chapter of the study yesterday and I already LOVE it.  As the Lord would have it, it is a perfect companion to the study that I am currently doing with a group - Discovery:  God's Answers to our Deepest Questions.  I love it when God draws me to His truth in many different ways - continually reminding me of those things that are essential to my faith and my life.

At the end of this first week, there were a few questions that were just so good to think through and actually right down my answers.  I want to share them with you and ask you to think through your answers as well.  I was giddy with JOY when I got to the end of this and I hope you will be too!

Who are you, Lord?
You are my strength.  You are the Author and Perfecter of my faith.  You are everything to me and apart from you, I can do nothing.  You are my greatest LOVE.  You are LIFE.  You are my Savior, my Friend, my Lord.

What do You want from me?
You want me.  Period.  You want the freedom to make me like Jesus.  You want me to offer up myself as a living sacrifice for Your handiwork to be displayed in me and through me.  You want my whole life - my whole heart - my soul - my mind - my all.

Where do you go to find life? to find God?
I go to God to find LIFE.  There is no life outside of Him.  I find Him in everything around me and as He dwells within me.  His presence is everywhere.  I only need to call His Name to find Him right there all along. 

God inside of you changes everything.  Is He there?
God lives in me.  I have accepted His gift of salvation.  I am saved by grace alone.  I am a child of God -- loved and cared for by Him.  He is in the business of transforming me into the image of Jesus thru the indwelling Holy Spirit and all the circumstance of my life.  I know His Voice.  I am assured of His love.  He is my JOY.  He is my PURPOSE.  He is my LIFE.

We should be 100% sure our hope is in Him alone.  I am so grateful that I can say that with confidence.  I am completely confident that the Lord will accomplish that which concerns me.  I am confident that no matter what comes my way - He is beside me and He walks each step with me.  I am confident that I will dwell with Him for eternity when this brief time on this earth is over.

My hope is secure.  

How about you?  

If your hope is wavering . . . if you are not sure you belong to the Lord . . . I'd love to chat with you about it!  That secure hope is yours for the taking.  It is a gift.  Your name is on the tag. 

 Will you reach out and claim it?

No comments:

Post a Comment