Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Painting at Prescott

My latest Chicago painting project has been a preschool room at Prescott Elementary.  This has been so much fun to do.  I have also been able to make a better connection with the principal and the preschool teacher.  It has been a great open door to loving on this school.  I thought you might like to see the end result.  I am so very thankful for the Lord leading me to paint in the schools here.  It has been such a JOY.

Hey diddle, diddle
the cat and the fiddle



The cow jumped over the moon


The little dog laughed to see such sport


And the dish ran away with the spoon



These illustrations are based on Mary Englebreit's book of nursery rhymes. She is one of my favorite artists.  I love her whimsy in everything that she does.  What can I say - whimsy suits me!

I could have never imagined all that awaited me when I moved to Chicago.  Painting is just one of those wonderful surprises.  I am more and more convinced that the Lord has a great plan - and I need only to listen and respond to His promptings.  I love living life this way.

I wonder what surprises He has for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment