Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Bliss Hangover

I can't think of a better term for what I am feeling today.  Yesterday was the 4th of July and we had a party here at the Goad house.  I can get a bit carried away when I start inviting people over - probably because it is my favorite thing to do.




As Alan likes to say - How many people are coming?  I usually say - Well, I'm not sure.  This is a very familiar conversation at our house.  I bought plenty of hot dogs and brats  - all the yummy toppings and made a few other things.  I had asked our guests to bring something to share.


5:00 came and our friends began to show up.  Did I mention that it was BLAZING hot here on the 4th?  


With each buzz of the door, more people, that have touched our lives here in the big city, came streaming in.  We ended up with about 50 adults and 11 kids.  We had plenty of food, plenty of drinks and a whole lot of fun.


There were moments when I just stood back and observed people that I love enjoying each others company.  That is just a sweet thing.  There was a lot of laughter, some shrieks and screams from little ones and some really great conversation.  There was genuine caring and good natured kidding.  

This was life in all its glory - lived out on a day to celebrate Freedom.  To be free in Christ is to be free indeed.


Bliss


I can't think of a better word to describe it.  When I woke up this morning, I felt a little bit like a truck had run me over - but it was a great feeling.  I like to call this my bliss hangover.  I may have been tired - but I sure was happy.  


I am feeling so blessed and so fortunate.

What gives you a bliss hangover?



No comments:

Post a Comment