Life is all about change. When you trust an unchanging God - you have the ability to embrace change and trust Him in the midst of it. Join me as the Lord leads me through a new phase of my journey.

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Thankful Thursday: My Boys

I worked with teenagers for many, many years  . . . and I loved it.  Every student holds a special place in my heart.  One of these special ones - Justin Elis - is getting married this weekend.

I had the privilege of having a group of boys in different groups or youth events for a span of three years.  Their senior year, we spent a lot of time together.  They came over to lunch at my house every Tuesday and then we were together every Sunday.  I also spent a great deal of time at their events.  In other words, we got really connected.  As they went through college, I visited their campuses and got to see them grow up into truly fine men.  They have graduated from college and one by one . . . they are getting married.  Justin is the first, with Joey following closely behind.  I feel like one, proud momma.


Here are all 6 boys at graduation.
Joey, Chris, Justin, Nick, Grant and Evan

Evan, Joey and Justin cheering on the Warriors.

I should mention that I'm not sure if any of these boys would have made it to graduation without Courtney.  She kept them in line.

Justin, Joey, Grant and Chris

Justin, Grant, myself and Nick

Evan and Justin one Halloween

It has been such a privilege to watch these boys grow into such amazing men.  They have blessed my life in numerous way and boy have they made me LAUGH.


Justin - I am so proud of you and so happy for you and Darryl.  She is such a perfect choice for you.  I am praying for the Lord's very best for you both as you begin this new journey.  I am so thankful for you!

1 comment:

  1. Aw I love those boys so much! They definitely helped shape me into who I am!

    ReplyDelete